Re: Installfest Research

Author: Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Installfest Research
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

Data Model: No I have been swamped! If I have the time tomorrow after class
I will put one together, but since I get home around 11:00pm and I get up at
5:00am, I may just go to bed ;)

Instance: As referral to a unique item that remains unique in all instances,
perhaps from a master table, or the many-to-many integration of one or more
generalities to create a solidified representation of a transaction. In a
broader since it is also used to denote the difference between a concrete item
and a generic. Thinking of it in the representations of cars, a car can be
composed of make, model, year, etc And we may have 100 of them on our lot,
but once we add the VIN we only ever have one car that will never change.

Perhaps not the best description, (I am dead tired) but basically it is a
designation that the items stored in the table are all unique inside and
outside the reference of the single tables tupple. So a PC or an Instillation
may be generic representations or the may be concrete representations; thus PC
(Instance) refers to a single PC.