extract tar file in konqueror

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: plug-discuss
Subject: extract tar file in konqueror
My wife uses firefox and konqueror. She followed some links to get
Macromedia Flash. It said to extract the download, but didn't tell he how
to do it. Her file manager is konqueror. She is using kdebase-3.3.2.

The konqueror allows you to browse the contents of a tar file. (It appears
to make some psuedo directory.)

What is the correct or easy way to add a choice to konqueror so when you
click on a tar.gz (or .tar or .tar.bz2) file that it prompts you to choose
to extract versus the pseudo-browsing?

Also, it would be nice to have a right-click option said "Extract archive
to same directory" or something like that. Any ideas on how to add that?

It would be nice for her to use the KDE to extract instead of command-line
tools.

As for myself, I rarely use KDE or Konqueror.

Jeremy C. Reed

                http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/