Re: BJC-2100 printer configuration

Author: Kurt Granroth
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: BJC-2100 printer configuration
On Thursday 31 March 2005 08:31 pm, wrote:
> ALTERNATIVELY--
>
> Can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive printer that is reliable for
> low volume printing, that also has relatively inexpensive cartridges?

I have the Epson C84 that's I'm reasonably satisfied with. I believe the
latest version of that is the C86 (the same but faster).

It's one of the recommended printers on linuxprinting.org so it's pretty much
guaranteed to work under any Linux distribution you have. It's typically
around $99 with some sort of rebate.

This printer ships with four separate cartridges so you don't have to replace
all at once if only one or two of the colors are low. However, as a
downside, replacing all of them with official cartridges from Epson can be
very pricy. More than the printer cost in the first place. I buy my refills
from one of those generic inkjet cartridge makers (not refurbished or
refilled). I can replace all four cartridges for under $40 and they work
great (so far).