install-fest distributions

Author: Major.Mikey
To: plug-discuss
Subject: install-fest distributions
I haven't been following that thread but I found a couple of paragraphs in an
article that may be of some use (my appologese if it has already been
mentioned):

Starting with the “sarge” release of Debian, which should be ready by the time
you read this article, Debian is installed with the new Debian Installer, an
easy-to-use, character-based, menu-driven installation program. As of this
writing, the Debian Installer was available with the netinst bootable CD
images, which are only 100 MB or so in size. netinst contains just the
base-level Debian files; the rest of the distribution is downloaded from the
Internet.
If you have a broadband Internet connection, the netinst CDs are probably the
way to go. You can get the netinst CD images for your computer architecture
from http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/.
The Debian installer guides you through the entire install process, and it
allows you to choose a pre-set collection of packages to install a working
GNOME desktop with all the basic amenities, such as the Mozilla web browser
and OpenOffice. If you need more software installed, have a look at the
“Debian Package List” home page at http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages/.