Re: Annotated Filesystem

Author: Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Annotated Filesystem
I'm still looking for a tool that will search the contents and meta data of a
set of files. Support for PDFs, MS Word .doc, .mbox, giff, jpg, mp3, and ogg,
.java file support would be required. I am sorta hoping that blinkx
(http://www.blinkx.com/overview.php) will come out with a desktop search for
linux soon.

But yha, putting meta data into a file is easy, getting things to query on it
is harder.
So I too feel your pain but do not have a solution