Re: Curiosity, why "vmlinuz" vs "bzImage"

Author: Bill Warner
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Curiosity, why "vmlinuz" vs "bzImage"
On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 10:46 -0700, Eric "Shubes" wrote:
> your kernels vmlinuz-$version. You can name them anything you like --
> kernel-mustard, kernel-panic, kernel-of-truth, fred-and-ginger ...
> anything at all."

If anyone else is going to use that system please don't start nameing
them off the wall things. I worked with a guy that wrote a big admin
script that managed profiles and logins for a system with over 900
telnet'd users. Every variable in the entire script was $ALAN1, $ALAN2,
$ALAN3, $ALAN4, $ALAN5, etc... up to about $ALAN80 He wanted to ask me
a quick scripting question and I took a look at the script and almost
strangled him on the spot.

--
Bill Warner <>