Re: Pros and Cons of Using an Old Box as a Router

Author: Tom Ward
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Pros and Cons of Using an Old Box as a Router
Still running my 486 DX/2 with 33 bogomips. I think that's still more
than what a LinkSys router has. It boots off floppy, hard disk
disconnected, goes for six months or more. Been running for several
years. Almost nothing allowed in. Should probabably switch to a
Linksys router/firewall, but I like trying to get some use out of old
hardware and it works so well I hate to give it up.

400MHz P2 that's server class for me. ;-)