Re: Talk daemon

Author: Jim
To: PLUG-DISCUSS
Subject: Re: Talk daemon
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Jim wrote:

> It seems that the problem is limited to talk requests initiated on this
> machine. I logged into my ISP's shell and started a talk session from
> there. I went back to tty1 and saw the message that someone wanted to
> talk and the reply I should give. I tried to respond but got a message
> saying:
>
> error on read from talk daemon: connection refused
>
> I'm guessing this is something at my ISP's end.

I logged into another machine where i have an account and tried again. I
got the message saying someone wanted to talk to me and I replied. All I
got was the usual "checking for invitation on caller's machine".

It looks like I can receive talk requests, but not respond to or initiate
them. Go figure.

Thanks

Jim