Re: Talk daemon

Author: Jim
To: PLUG-DISCUSS
Subject: Re: Talk daemon
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Kevin wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 01:28 -0700, Jim wrote:
>
> Sorry for the multiple replies, but I keep thinking of one more thing
> every time I send.

No need to apologize. The more information the better.

> If you see a message like "Your party is refusing messages" it means
> their terminal is not allowing write access. Both parties must allow
> this with the `mesg y` command. See man mesg.

It seems that the problem is limited to talk requests initiated on this
machine. I logged into my ISP's shell and started a talk session from
there. I went back to tty1 and saw the message that someone wanted to
talk and the reply I should give. I tried to respond but got a message
saying:

error on read from talk daemon: connection refused

I'm guessing this is something at my ISP's end.

> Hope this help,
>
> ...Kevin

Thanks for you help.

Jim