Re: Hardware Issues

Author: Lynn David Newton
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Hardware Issues

rw> ... it might be the screensaver - and it seems to
rw> be the case as I have disabled it and the machine
rw> is not locking up now

I've had that happen. In that case it's not technically
the machine that's locking up, but X which is locking
the terminal, or at least making it appear that way.
The system is still quite alive.

What I've been able to do in the past is ssh in and
kill X. Useful information only if you have another
system handy. Of course, that causes the current
session to die, throwing you back out to the login
screen, but it's better than having to reboot.

--
Lynn