Kmail 1.7.1 gpg decryption failure

Author: shieldx
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Kmail 1.7.1 gpg decryption failure
I recently upgraded from Mandrake 8.2, to Debian Sarge and decided to
set up GnuPG encryption in Kmail,
Everything is set up and working with GnuPG, and I can encrypt/decrypt
files with my keys, but when I send myself an encrypted email,
I am asked for my passphrase, and whether or not I type in the correct
one, it only shows me the encrypted message.

I set up everything properly in the Settings page of KMail, but no dice.

Google says that this bug has happened to other people, but I cannot
find information about a workaround or a fix of any kind,

Have any of you guys had this problem before?