Re: OT Arizona drivers

Author: Bill Warner
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT Arizona drivers
I have a motorcycle accident story that I can even make this Linux
related. I was hit on the 101 by a Ram Charger back in Oct 1996 right
after the 101 -> 202 ramp opened up. I broke two vertebrate L2 and L3
in my lower back. I was laid up for 6 months.

How is this Linux related? I spent those 6 months barley able to walk,
but learned Linux inside out upside down and backwards. I didn't have
much else to do. I wouldn't suggest this as the preferred method to
learn Linux, but I think I am better off in the long run.

-Bill

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 11:35 -0700, Alex Dean wrote:
> roger wrote:
>
> >I sure don't know how to solve this one - drive alert and scared, I suppose.
> >
> That's good advice. My wife and I got t-boned by a semi near Cottonwood
> a few years ago. She broke her pelvis and jaw, and I had a severe
> concussion. Couldn't remember ANYTHING for about 2 days after the wreck.
>
> The conditions which caused the accident came up so quickly that my wife
> (who was driving) didn't even have time to hit the brakes before we were
> hit. (DPS said there were no skid marks from our car at all.) The
> wreck was 100% not our fault, according to DPS and the courts. We did
> everything right, and still got nailed.
>
> Think about how long it takes to stomp on the brakes. We didn't even
> have that, and that in that amout of time we went from normal and
> healthy to almost dead. It really can happen at any time, and you may
> have next to no warning.
>
> My advice : Always wear the belts, don't reach into the back seat for
> anything, do get too involved in tuning the radio, don't talk on the
> phone... Be careful because you can be in trouble in less than an instant!
>
> How's that for cheerful? :)
>
> alex

Bill Warner <>