Re: OT Arizona drivers

Author: Alex Dean
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT Arizona drivers
roger wrote:

>I sure don't know how to solve this one - drive alert and scared, I suppose.

That's good advice. My wife and I got t-boned by a semi near Cottonwood
a few years ago. She broke her pelvis and jaw, and I had a severe
concussion. Couldn't remember ANYTHING for about 2 days after the wreck.

The conditions which caused the accident came up so quickly that my wife
(who was driving) didn't even have time to hit the brakes before we were
hit. (DPS said there were no skid marks from our car at all.) The
wreck was 100% not our fault, according to DPS and the courts. We did
everything right, and still got nailed.

Think about how long it takes to stomp on the brakes. We didn't even
have that, and that in that amout of time we went from normal and
healthy to almost dead. It really can happen at any time, and you may
have next to no warning.

My advice : Always wear the belts, don't reach into the back seat for
anything, do get too involved in tuning the radio, don't talk on the
phone... Be careful because you can be in trouble in less than an instant!

How's that for cheerful? :)

alex