Re: cisco 678

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: cisco 678
On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 23:55 -0700, Kevin Brown wrote:
> > I have no idea what the differences are. Does anyone out there know?
> >
> > If not, I'll start looking.
>
> One works with Qwest's current DSL setup, one doesn't.

----
675 was always 'CAP' as far as I know

678 was originally shipping 'CAP' - Qwest changed to 'DMT' type - it's
always tagged on the bottom. There may be a way to change 678 from CAP
to DMT but I don't know the procedure.

I have stayed silent on this as there are some on this list like the guy
from Phoenix Internet who is extremely knowledgeable about these things.

Of course Qwest offers services like VDSL that a Cisco 678 wouldn't be
compatible, no matter which type and I got the impression that they are
offering a new type of technology in the Scottsdale Airpark that would
preclude even a DMT type modem.

Craig