Re: display size in Ubuntu

Author: Eric \"Shubes\"
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: display size in Ubuntu
Alex Dean wrote:

> I just installed Ubuntu after trying the LiveCD. I'm stuck with a
> screen resolution of 640X480. (Computer > System Configuration > Screen
> Resolution has a drop-down for 'Resolution', but the only option
> available is '640X480'.) I have a 21" monitor, and this screen
> resolution is waay too small.
>
> I've never done GUI in Linux, and I'm totally lost.
>
> When I booted with the LiveCD I was able to select from many different
> resolutions. What do I need to edit to get some more options here?
>
> thanks,
> alex

XF64Config file. Could be one of:
/etc/X11/XF86-Config-4
/etc/XF86Config
/usr/X11R6/etc/X11/XF86Config-4
/usr/X11R6/etc/X11/XF86Config
or something along those lines (I don't know Ubunto or Debian).

I don't know what exactly you'll need to add. Maybe you can grab the
corresponding file off the Live CD and use that.

Good luck!

--
-Eric 'shubes'
"There is no such thing as the People;