Re: Action Laser1500

+ (text/html)
Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Action Laser1500
I've been running an HP 6P with 9M RAM for about 6-7 years. The amount
of RAM generally needs to fit the following formula:

((<Printer DPI>^2 * 12) + (<Number of soft fonts> * 200k))/1048576 =
minimum RAM in MB.

Some printers are more, or less, efficient when using RAM, but the above
makes a good rule of thumb.

If you don't know how many soft fonts you'll generally use, assume 5 for
business, 10 for home use, 20 for graphic artists or desktop publishing.

You can often get by with less, but really complex pages, or large
graphics, may fail to print.

If you're using Postscript, add 8-16MB to the above for page processing

If the Laser supports color, quadruple the RAM required.

If you're using an HP with a JetDirect card, you should add another
8-16MB, per HP's recommendations, for network spooling.