Re: vi cheat sheet

Author: Kurt Granroth
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: vi cheat sheet
On Tuesday 01 February 2005 01:03 pm, Jonathan Hohle wrote:
> does anyone have a vi cheat sheet they find useful? i've been trying
> to get into vi for a while, but have never taken the time to learn all
> the commands. and when i do have to use a commandline editor always
> fall back on nano or pico (why does everyone have such a problem with
> those editors??)
>
> anyway, figured it wouldn't hurt to learn vi (especially when i come
> across a unix system that has nothing but). so can anyone lend me a
> cheat sheet, or point me to something that will get me into vi?

There are quite a few good ones. One problem with specifying a specific one,
though, is that each one has a different idea of what is essential.

I suggest doing a google search for 'vi cheat sheet pdf'. Adding the pdf
helps since, more than likely, you will get a nicely formatted cheat sheet
that you can just print off.

Try as many of them as you like until you come across the one that looks to be
at about your level.

Kurt