Re: Action Laser1500

+ (text/html)
Author: FoulDragon@aol.com
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Action Laser1500
Well, I've been happy with my Samsung ML-1210, bought probably 2.5 years ago
at Fry's (at the time it was 150 USD - 50 rebate = 100).

I haven't finished my way through the starter cartridge packed in (rated 1000
pages) but note that online dealers have replacements (rated 2500) for 40 to
60 USD depending on if remanufactured or new.

However, the model's long gone. I saw one at the Goodwill recently, almost
got it for a spare cartridge, but the cart was gone. I think Samsung now
offers better models (15 or more ppm versus 12, and the design's more enclosed-- on
the 1210, the paper sits out, and the output tray's vertical so it collects
dirt which can't get replaced)

HP also makes (made?) a low-end laser, at the time it was a $200 competitor
with the $175 ML-1210; it was a Winprinter.

I know Brother makes an inexpensive laser, but Brother lasers often have a
seperate drum and toner cartridge. The toner's cheap but after like 20000 pages
the drum goes and it's a "cheaper to throw the printer away" replacement.