Re: edu presentation

Author: Austin Godber
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: edu presentation
der.hans wrote:
> I had a paper proposal about Free Software in education accepted by a
> conference. Now I need to write the presentation. I would like to enlist
> assistance from PLUG in order to have a better presentation.

Yeah, it really depends on what your target audience is and what kind of
message you want to share. For instance some people might be interested
to learn about moodle (a course management system) or uPortal
(www.uportal.org). They are both institutional pieces of software ...
handy for the business of education kinda thing rather than software
that is instructional.

And then there is software that might be useful to instructors ... (IT
instructors at least) like vnc2swf (makes a flash file of a vnc session,
fantastic!) And of course any of the technologies that would allow
students to have their own virtual machine to do system admin tasks or
system programming (like User Mode Linux or Xen) could be useful in
education.

I just started a rather sorry little blog on this topic:

http://eport.cgc.maricopa.edu/published/g/od/godber/weblog/13/

Its not high activity ... just as I come up with things I will put them
there.

Austin