Re: ubutu livecd..

Author: Mark Jarvis
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: ubutu livecd..

Why are you wanting to install the "Live" CD?

The packs I got from Ubuntu each had -->two<-- CDs: a "Live" CD and an
"Install" CD. I haven't had a chance to play with them yet, but I assume
that the live CD corresponds to Knoppix and it's ilk--a "run from CD"
version, while the install CD is for installing to the HD.

Mepis is unique in that it manages to combine the two functions (live &
install) rather nicely. I've not seen another distro that does it as well.

-mj-