Competing chatting

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Competing chatting
As you may have noted from my previous emails, I am trying out the jabber
conference. So far I am not impressed nor disappointed.

Why is the jabber conference better than the IRC channel?

They seem to provide the same function and, running both channels at the same
time in GAIM, I see no difference. Both are just as easy to connect to (Once
my confusion about registering jabber was over.). Both provide a chat
session.

There must be a compelling reason besides being "new" to use jabber over IRC
but I don't see it at the moment. Any thoughts?

Alan