Re: OT: Email suggestions? (Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu)

+ (text/html)
Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: Email suggestions? (Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu)
I've had a similar need for some time now, and I've found that there is
only one "gotcha" in that requirements list,
Item (1) is simply not available. I've looked into all of the PST
conversion options I can find too, and none of them seem
to work with the PST format used by Outlook 2000 or later. As far as
meeting the remaining requirements, Mozilla
Thunderbird is close (doesn't have calendar support, yet, but Sunbird
should change that soon). Novell Evolution
only runs on Linux, for now, but it is probably the closest thing to an
Outlook replacement I've seen, and it even has
the ability to connect directly to an Exchange server, for those stuck
with connecting to a corporate system based on
Microsoft software.

If anyone else on the list knows of a good PST conversion tool, that
actually works, and can run entirely on Linux,
please chime in.