Re: Cheap ISPs with good newsfeed

Author: Ric Fischer
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Cheap ISPs with good newsfeed
Hi FoulDragon (aka Stinky Lizard? or Sour Draco? or is it Petulant Scaled-One?),

I'm a broad-band guy. I'm also a consultant and have had a number of
clients ask for recommendations of a dialup service so they can travel
and be connected.

So far, none of them have gone screaming into the night when I've told
them about EV1.net[1]. I just checked and they claim to have a large
usenet server.

Their dialup price is pretty good, too, at only $10.00 a month. Take a
look at their dialup page[2].

I don't know if they "speak" linux, yet. But, since their connection
method is fairly standard (PPP), so it should be easy for you. Oops! I
stand corrected. I just browsed their support page and saw a RedHat
connection tutorial[3].

Anyway, I think this would be a good choice for you. They've been
around for a few years. Their "About Us" page[4] says they started
operations in December 1998.

Anyway, no complaints from my clients.

[1] http://www.ev1.net/

[2] http://www.ev1.net/english/dialup/