Re: Distro suggestions for the InstallFest

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Distro suggestions for the InstallFest
Am 24. Jan, 2005 schwätzte Joseph Sinclair so:

> I can help with SPARC, Alpha, and a couple of other strange chips as far
> as helping understand the hardware troubleshooting, etc... I don't
> attend all of the install fests, but can usually show up on request.

Cool. Danke. We've had alpha requests at almost all of the big
InstallFests.

> For PPC, I'd say at least consider Yellow Dog, I'd think we could at
> least have it available, in case someone shows up with a new iMac Mini
> or some such and would really like to run Linux on the box.

Yeah, probably Yellow Dog and either debian or ubuntu for PPC boxen at
this point.

> If someone wants S/390 install help, they probably want to pay IBM to
> load it up anyway, since installing their own O/S voids the service and
> support contract on the system. ;}

Ssssh! I'm trying to get a chance to play with one ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Hindsight is always 20/20, unless seen through beer goggles." -- der.hans