Re: Distro suggestions for the InstallFest

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Distro suggestions for the InstallFest
Am 24. Jan, 2005 schwätzte Ric Fischer so:

> Details, details. :) I kept meaning to say such a thing, but I was
> practicing my short-term memory loss.

Well, my original description is in the archives somewhere...

Essentially, the idea is to emulate the host/hostess role at restaurants.
Greet people as they come in, find out which OS ( and maybe some details )
they're interested in, show them to seats in the correct section and pass
them off to their installer.

They might first need to see the partition resizing section. Or maybe the
partition resizing section comes to them.

> Does someone already have them made up?

Also in the archives somewhere, I think :).

I like the one we had. Had checkoffs for certain services to have running,
such as http or samba.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Don't step in front of speeding cars, don't eat explosives
#  and don't use m$ LookOut :). - der.hans