Re: firefox dba IE? (Mike Hoy)

+ (text/html)
Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: firefox dba IE? (Mike Hoy)
Mike,
    You will need to download the "User Agent Switcher Extension" for
Firefox (http://www.chrispederick.com/work/firefox/useragentswitcher/).
Once you've done that, create an alternate user agent (in the extension
options, Tools|User Agent Switcher|Options|Options)  with the following
characteristics:

    Internet Explorer 6 (Windows)

User Agent:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 0.0.0;
.NET CLR 0.0.0)

App Name:
     Microsoft Internet Explorer

App Version:
    4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 0.0.0; .NET CLR
0.0.0)

Platform:
    win32

Vendor:
    <Leave Blank>
Vendor Sub:
    <Leave Blank>

P.S. Note, Firefox 1.0 has a serious bug in that if the user agent
string is longer than about 90 characters Firefox will crash on startup,
so make sure you allow the extension to reset the user agent to default
when Firefox Closes.