Re: Advice requested

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: Living with Linux [WAS: Re: Advice requested}
Subject: Re: Advice requested
Am 18. Jan, 2005 schwätzte mike hoy so:

> i tried mepis and kmix doesn't even have a soundcard listed.
> it's cool, i give up.
> i'm starting to realize that linux on my personal computer is going to
> be nothing but a lifelong headache.
> it works great on my server, but it's CLI only. the way things ought to
> be with linux.

While CLI is awesome, it is not the only way to run GNU/Linux. I've
been GNU/Linux only on the desktop since 1996 or 1997. That includes my
laptops.

Works great :).

There are some issues with hardware support, so you have to be careful
what hardware you get. Otherwise it works wonderfully for me.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Help Jerry Lewis stamp out M$...oops that's MDA - der.hans