Re: New interest in Linux

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: New interest in Linux
On Monday 17 January 2005 07:21 pm, DOYLE ELLIOTT kindly wrote:
> Can Linux OS be installed and operated from slave hard drive?
> Where/How can I obtain all necessary software without downloading from dial
> up connection?

I second the recommendation to bring your box to an InstallFest. You can also
buy inexpensive Linux disks from a number of vendors. Linux is free; you're
really just paying them for the cost of the blanks and time to burn the
disks. My favorite shop is www.edmunds-enterprises.com
They charge $0.99 per disk and have reasonable shipping.

Siri Amrit