Hello - newbie member here

Author: D -
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: 1st question - installing java on Mandrake
Subject: Hello - newbie member here
Hey guys,

I just joined the group yesterday. I'm a totally new
user to Linux but am very interested in getting to
know it and all of its functions. As of right now I'm
running Mandrake Linux on my machine, which I
installed yesterday. The concept of open source is
really intriguing to me. I'm probably going to be
asking a lot of questions and they're all going to be
very newb, so please bear with me :)
I'm a student at NAU up in Flagstaff, so I won't be
able to attend any meetings any time soon, however
thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

rob0t163