Re: January InstallFest lives!

Author: ec
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: January InstallFest lives!
Speaking of which, How about someone with a digital
camera taking a pict from across the street of the
front of the building. Then, using a 'graphics'
program, indicate the parking lot entrance with an
arrow and writting that you enter from the rear main
doors. Then post that with a link when you open up the
'installfest' link.

I think that would 'help' someone that has never been
there find the correct building. Especially if part of
the adjoining buildings are shown. Would have to
probably be fairly wide angle.

Oh, and cut the resolustion down so that it is unker
100k jpg so the 'dialup' people can reasonably d/l it.
640X480 works great!

Just a thought.

PS. I think that simple ole Kpaint would do that okay
IF you, like me, usually get lost in 'the GIMP'!

--- Alan Dayley <> wrote:

> On Saturday 15 January 2005 09:02 pm, Ric Fischer
> wrote:
> >
> > I just took a quick peek and the event is still
> showing "10:00
> > InstallFest Cancelled! (6:00)" when I click on
> January 29th.
> >
> > This is on my Ubuntu computer, which had yet to
> visit the PLUG site,
> > so it can't be a local caching issue.
>
> OK, I guess I was not very thorough with my
> correction. Checking...
>
> That was embarrassing. I failed to update the event
> title! All fixed now.
> Thanks for the report.
>
> > Also, the Stammtisch event has a link to an FAQ
> for a map. But there's
> > no map information on that particular FAQ. Perhaps
> those questions
> > moved to a different FAQ after the Stammtisch
> event was added to the
> > calendar? (Sorry, Alan, I meant to bring this one
> up at the meeting
> > Thursday, but I forgot. I was having too much fun
> absorbing things
> > like LSB. :-)
>
> Hmm... Ha! I can't always be wrong.
>
> There was a link to a map. The Muse Cafe address
> was text was the link to a
> map. However, based on your feedback here, I have
> just added "(Map here)"
> text as the link to make it more obvious.
>
> Thank you again for the corrections.
>
> Alan

=====
Cyclists should expect and demand safe