Re: Ubuntu - How to update programs?

Author: Ric Fischer
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Ubuntu - How to update programs?
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:00:03 -0800 (PST), Gabe Grijalva
<> wrote:
> Ubuntu uses the Gnome desktop....click the menu and
> search around for synaptic, it should say Synaptic
> package manager

OK. I found it. The help misinforms the user that it should be in
Applications -> System Tools. It wasn't. Instead, there's another
"main" menu called Computer and I found Synaptics in its System
Configuration menu.

Slightly confusing for a new user: Will I found a system-related
program in Applications -> System Tools or in Computer -> System
Configuration? Especially as I look through the former, I see
configuration-related tools there.

> have fun....

I'm working on it. That's the part I like best! :-)

--
Ric Fischer