Re: Shutdown Mandrake 10.1

Author: ec
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Shutdown Mandrake 10.1
In several and possibly all KDE's, I have found that
the ole windoze command    cntl-alt-delete  either
starts the shutdown or opens a popup box with options
such as shutdown, restart(reboot) or restart the
session.

Also, cntl-alt-backspace will just restart the kde
session on most.

Hope this helps.

Don't know why what you tried doesn't work.

Also going to konsole and doing the following

user$ su
root$ shutdown -h now

usually shuts down any linux system (in my limited
experience

--- Brett Conrad <> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> How do I shut down and/or reboot Mandrake 10.1
> Community Edition? I'm
> running KDE 3.2.
>
> The Linux book I am reading says there is a
> "shutdown" command, but it
> doesn't work in the terminal window. "Command not
> found" When I log out,
> there is a Reboot button, but it is greyed out. Same
> with the Halt
> button.
>
> I've learned a lot since installing Linux four days
> ago, but I haven't
> solved this one yet.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brett
>

> --
> "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to
> entertain a thought without accepting it."
> -Aristotle

=====
Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,