Re: Funky Firewall - Engineering Request

Author: Matt Alexander
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Funky Firewall - Engineering Request
George Toft wrote:

> Problem:
> A certain web site that my family enjoys will not allow multiple
> computers from the same IP address to use the site at the same time.
> I currently have a Linux firewall with 2 NICs - one for the Internet
> and one for my LAN running NAT so all of my systems have the same
> public IP address.
>
> Qwest allows me 4 IP addresses, and I would like to take advantage of
> them so we can have more than one computer at the site at one time.

You could do this with Squid and the tcp_outgoing_address directive.
For example:

acl user1 src 192.168.0.10/32
acl user2 src 192.168.0.11/32
tcp_outgoing_address 216.123.123.123 user1
tcp_outgoing_address 216.123.123.124 user2
tcp_outgoing_address 216.123.123.125

The last directive is the default used if the IP doesn't match user1 or
user2.
~M

--
Get Firefox!