OT: power supply question

Author: Vaughn Treude
To: PLUG
Subject: OT: power supply question
Hello all:

I was thinking about ordering a replacement for I motherboard I smoked
recently. I found a good candidate, and downloaded the manual before
ordering, and it specifies a standard ATX connector plus a strange 4-pin
square "Pentium 4" power connector. Why the extra pins? My power supply
doesn't have that plug, but it does have a plug that looks like one of the
two old-fashioned AT-style plugs. I was googling for power supply connectors
and one mentioned this as a "Pentium auxilary power connector." Is there a
converter a person can make or buy to connect this to the four-pin plug? Or
is the four-pin plug some kind of power output rather than an input?

Thanks,
Vaughn