Re: OT: power supply question

+ (text/html)
Author: FoulDragon@aol.com
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: power supply question
Okay. The six-pin AT-style plug has extra 3.3v on it, I think for some older
SMP boards. The "P4" connector has extra 12v. The 20-wire alone has
relatively little 12v on it, which made sense when the processor got ran off the 3.3v
or 5v rail. Now the 12v line's used.

Although called a P4 cable, it's also called for by some later Socket A
boards and I think A64 boards also. You may leave it disconnected if the mobo has
no socket for it, or you could probably rig a fan or something for it

With a motherboard which doesn't need the P4 cable, look for a lot of 3.3 and
5v.