Re: switch

Author: Mikey
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: switch
>I got cu to work on /dev/ttyS2 . That is odd due ti the fact there are only
>two serial ports on my system, it would open ttyS0 but not ttyS1

Could someone tell me why this is? I mean ttyS2 would be com2, right?
I only have two serial ports on my system,

bmike1]$ sudo cu -s 9600 -l /dev/ttyS0
Connected.

... and that is all the fat lady said. I pressed any button but get no
response.

ttyS1 is even worse:

bmike1@3[bmike1]$ sudo cu -s 9600 -l /dev/ttyS1
cu: open (/dev/ttyS1): No such device
cu: /dev/ttyS1: Line in use
bmike1@3[bmike1]$

How can the line be in use when the device doesn't exist?

You know, this got me thinking that I should try minicom. So I did and..... IT
STILLLLL DIDN'T WORK!

Thanl goodness I learned about cu. Thanks Robert.