Re: Question for Debian users

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Question for Debian users
On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 18:17 -0700, Bart Garst wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 17:34, Craig White wrote:
> > Curiosity kills the cat I guess
> >
> > If openssl isn't included as part of Debian distribution, how in the
> > world can you get it reliably? and then what about everything that
> > depends upon it such as ssh, samba etc?
> >
> > Do you point apt to different (non-Debian) sources for different things
> > such as this?
> >
> > Craig
>
> I found openssl while searching the debian web site:
> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=openssl&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

---
OK sorry, I got an email from someone. We were discussing installing
current openldap from source (which is easier than it would seem but did
entail installing openssl from source as well as heimdal, cyrus and
sleepycat) and he sent me...

> The Linux flavor we use by default is Debian (we use RH only as a
> last resort when a vendor only supports it), and Debian doesn't ship
> OpenSSL because it doesn't have an open enough license.

So apparently I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification.

Craig