Re: Resize problem with parted

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Resize problem with parted
On Saturday 01 January 2005 06:10 pm, Craig White wrote:
> if it is truly an ext partition, you shouldn't have to specify 'f'
> option to force. Only when it's journaled which meant that the
> conversion from ext3 to ext2 wasn't complete.
>
> If I recall correctly, conversion from ext2 to ext3 wasn't complete
> until it was dismounted/remounted

OK. I have not rebooted the system from the hard drive since I started
tinkering. I'll do that now.

Kernel panic on boot. Somone is still looking for ext3 on that partition. It
suggests using an init= option on the kernel.

I'll go looking for an answer here but if anyone has a quick tip, that'd be
great.

Alan