Re: Motherboard recommendations?

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Motherboard recommendations?
On Thursday 30 December 2004 08:43 am, Victor Odhner kindly wrote:

> (I'm running 3 hard disks right now. Cooling seems OK.
> The problem where *no* CD device would work at all
> seems to have happened shortly after that third HD
> was installed, though not immediately.)
>
> Vic

Is your 3rd harddrive sharing the IDE cable with the CD device? Assuming it
is, have you checked the jumper settings for both devices? Have you tried the
same combination with a different cable? Does the CD work again if you remove
the harddrive, again setting the jumper for "master" or "single"?

I've had some flaky round cables, and had to switch to a flat cable to get a
shared drive to work.

Siri Amrit