Re: Broadband Service in the Phoenix Metro Area

Author: Raymond Abril III
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Broadband Service in the Phoenix Metro Area
I had Qwest 1.5Mbit down and 1Mbit up for years and assumed that Cox's now
60kb up and 4Mbit down would be superior. I was wrong. Cable itself is [as I
believe] asymetrical and my ping times and most definately bittorent
torrents go far slower than before not only from lower upload but doesnt
seem to connect well with as many simultaneous connections.

1.5Mbit down is really fast enoughf or me at the moment although from my
webserver I can get 600kb down, It still takes me longer to upload than DSL
which is a pain.

-Ray