Re: debian

Author: Rudolfo Munguia
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: debian
More often than not, it usually points to some piece of hardware not
playing nice with the Hardware-Scan it is using to determine what
drivers to load.

I have run into this repeatedly with older isa hardware and debian3.0r1.

I have also run into a dying cdrom drive that created the same
symptoms. The install would pause at random parts and never give any
indication that there was any actual problem. I also let it sit
overnight, then went ahead and swapped out hardware piece by piece
until I found the culprit.