Re: Keyboard Win-button on Linux system

Author: JD Austin
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Keyboard Win-button on Linux system
Josef Lowder wrote:

>I use a Logitech keyboard on my Linux system, and it has a special
>key between the CTRL and ALT keys with that annoying win-flag on
>it and when I have inadvertently touched that key a couple of times,
>it has locked up my entire system so I had to hard reboot.
>
>Can that key be reprogrammed somehow to either have no function
>or perhaps to have some useful function?

All that key does usually is 'ctrl - escape'. In the past I've had it
open the up the 'start' menu, but since I loaded FC3 it seems to do nothing.
It doesn't crash or affect anything as far as I can tell.

Here are some links that talk about it:
http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/linux/howlinuxworks/linux_hlkeyprogs.html
http://www.wrcad.com/manual/xicmanual/node198.html
http://www.techimo.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-122164.html