Re: gentoo setterm -blank 0 -powerdown 0 -powersave off

Author: Jared Anderson
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: gentoo setterm -blank 0 -powerdown 0 -powersave off
yes, got the setterm part right.

If you really want the same song to play each time your computer boots, you can add it to local.start, but add it maybe as:
=====================================
mplayer /path/to/music.mp3 &>/dev/null &
=====================================
or else you may find your term unusable until the song ends.

However, with the same damn song being played each time you boot up, I bet it won't last a week in /etc/init.d/local.start. ;)

Someone Said:
>before i do something bad let me just verify.
>
>I take it to mean that i can edit /etc/conf.d/local.start and add the
>following lines:
>
>setterm -blank 0 -powerdown 0 -powersave off
>
>also it says it's a great place to load any music
>
>can i just type :
>
>mplayer /music/song.m3
>and it will do that? just curious. sorry if this seems like an dumb
>question but I spent a lot of time getting this thing running and don't
>want any mishaps if i can help it.
>
>thanks,
>
>mike h
>--- Bryce C <> wrote:
>
> > Put it either in /etc/conf.d/local.start or your
> > user's .bashrc.
> >
> > On Thu, 2004-25-11 at 08:31 -0800, mike hoy wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I like to set this when running gentoo.
> > >
> > > $setterm -blank 0 -powerdown 0 -powersave off
> > >
> > > However I would like to it to be permenent. Right
> > now
> > > I have to do it each time I reboot.
> > >
> > > Is there some way to run this automatically when
> > > everything else loads?
> > >
> > > Mike H

> > ATTACHMENT part 2 application/pgp-signature name=signature.asc

my$.02