gentoo setterm -blank 0 -powerdown 0 -powersave off

Author: Mike H
To: plug
Subject: gentoo setterm -blank 0 -powerdown 0 -powersave off
before i do something bad let me just verify.

I take it to mean that i can edit /etc/conf.d/local.start and add the
following lines:

setterm -blank 0 -powerdown 0 -powersave off

also it says it's a great place to load any music

can i just type :

mplayer /music/song.m3
and it will do that? just curious. sorry if this seems like an dumb
question but I spent a lot of time getting this thing running and don't
want any mishaps if i can help it.

thanks,

mike h