Re: Linuxfromscratch

Author: Rob Wultsch
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Linuxfromscratch
On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 00:03:10 -0800, Mike H <> wrote:

> speaking of linux from scratch i'd like to get into that. anybody here
> have any experience before i go digging into yet another project. I
> assume mr wultsch does.
>
> mike h

Not particulary. I looked into doing it at one point as a learning
experience. Why not do gentoo if you have the time? LFS seems like a
good idea if you want to learn all of the nitty gritty of how a linux
system works. How many of these details will help you ever again?

In any case with rare exception, I think that gnu/debian/linux/stable
is the best investment of time.