Re: Linuxfromscratch

Author: Mike H
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Linuxfromscratch
yea it would be like installing gentoo at an installfest.
however if somebody brought in a gentoo or linux from scratch box and
just had some questions about it i'm sure one of us could help them out.
i'd love to install gentoo on a box but they would have to bring it in
at 10 am and not expect anything beyond command line interface before 6.
unless it was a pentium 4 stage 3 install and everything taken off of
the cd. even then when i install slackware or something easy like
mandrake or fedora at an installfest it usually takes a very long time.
seems like they always have something they need done like dual booting
and the like. i remember from the asulug fest they guy wanted 4 or 5
distributions on his computer. i still don't understand that one.

speaking of linux from scratch i'd like to get into that. anybody here
have any experience before i go digging into yet another project. I
assume mr wultsch does.

mike h