Re: PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #5075 - 10 msgs

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Sammartano
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #5075 - 10 msgs
I have to admit I too was quite shocked and sickened by the comments
today. Linux users are usually thought of as SMART geeky people. Usually
geeks are not phased by color, race, other as we as individuals are
knowledgeable and quite intelligent in one sense or the other. I will
self disclose some info here. I grew up in NY till 1988 when I graduated
HS. I went to college there for 2 semesters, then moved to TN. I went to
UT Knoxville for a semester, and moved to Nashville. I lived there for
the next 8.5 years. I "learned" how to be a racist. I moved here in 1998
and I don't do it anymore. It is a learned behavior that we must as a
community stop teaching. Please in the future keep all derogatory
comments to yourselves. Bad enough we have distro conflicts now and
again. We are all here for a common reason, and I have only met a
handful of you, but so far I am impressed and quite happy with what I
have seen.

Created with the Thunderbird email client for Windows. This is an Open Source alternative to the troubled Microsoft product line.