Re: thunderbird mail client

Author: Patrick Fleming, EA
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: thunderbird mail client
Mike,
In Thunderbird 0.8 the tools menu there are a couple of different
settings that you might need to check.
Mail filters is not exactly Junk Mail controls. Using mail filters you
have to designate the action you want to occur. So for a new filter
click Tools -> Message Filters. At the top is a drop down list, filters
can/must be for different mail accounts.
Click New. Filter name: Bill Gate's is a spammer, etc. I have found that
this filter setting requires an action. Even if you mark it junk, it
will still need to have the move action set in the first drop down list,
eg. Move to Junk on local folders. Messages marked Junk using the Junk
icon should automatically move if you have it set in Tools -> Junk Mail
Controls. They should also move if the filter picks it up as junk using
the adaptive mail filters. But if you create a new filter that applies
to mail already in the inbox you have to run the mail filter rules.