Re: Need Advice on Spyware Removal for Debian

Author: Kevin
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Need Advice on Spyware Removal for Debian
On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 15:42, Mark Phillips wrote:
> I get the mysterious page usually when I try to find a web site through
> the google toolbar. So, I am not typing a url, just some words into the
> google toolbar. I can also get it by typing a url into the browser
> directly.

I know nothing about the "google toolbar", but is it the common thread
in all the web browsers that exhibit this behavior? I saw you mention
mozilla and Konquerer. If so, I would try removing it - especially
since you seem to be getting hijacked to a google-owned site.

Better yet, test this theory with one of the fine text-based browsers
like lynx or links.

...Kevin