Re: IPCop update warning

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: IPCop update warning
On Thursday 25 November 2004 09:22 am, Siri Amrit Kaur wrote:
> Thanks, Alan. I'm going to download 1.4.0 tonight and reinstall to that
> version.

Good plan.

> When it comes to installing addon server and Cop+, where do I download them
> to? I don't know if I should be making any special directories for them
> when I unpack them. I downloaded them to /tmp and did tar -zxvf to them
> from there. Never saw an interface for them in the IPcop administration
> panel. Is that the bug with v.1.4.1 or did I do something wrong?
>
> I must say that the documentation for this process, i.e. adding the addons
> and Dan's Guardian, is terribly spotty. The documentation for installing
> IPcop is OK, but the page where I downloaded the addons and Cop+ explain
> very little.

The installation of the addon server is right on the main page at
http://firewalladdons.sf.net. Look for "How to Install the Addon Server MOD"
in big letters. Once you have the addon server installed, you will see a new
tab on the web GUI called "Addons." In that tab are all the facilities to
install addons.

Once you have the server installed, it provides the GUI interface to install
the mods. For example, check the description of the Cop+ addon here:
http://firewalladdons.sourceforge.net/cop.html The "Setup:" section of the
table tells you the install procedures.

> Like, when I download the blacklisted sites for Dansguardian, where do I
> put them?

The Cop+ addon downloads the blacklists for you so you don't have to worry
about it!

> I appreciate your help.

No problem.

Alan